Who in your life isn’t personally affected by the outcome of your decisions?
Who doesn’t have their own agenda front of mind when they say what you should or shouldn’t do?
Who do you trust to give you an unbiased, informed opinion of your actions?
Even our nearest and dearest don’t always give us advice that’s in our best interest!
And even when they do, we may not always listen.
But for all of us, and especially if you’re in a leadership position, there’s one thing that gives you a huge advantage, that will improve your chances for long-term success, and will benefit your well-being.
Simply…have someone in your life who:
- isn’t part of your organisation, family, or circle of friends
- is objective and detached
- is in your corner
- gets to know your business almost as well as you
- is straight with you, even if you don’t always like what they say
- keeps their cool even when you’re blowing your top
- isn’t afraid to state the obvious
- helps you uncover and resolve the hidden issues
- is your trusted confidante
It’s not always easy to find this person.
But often they come along when you start looking.
And it’s an investment that you’ll profit from forever.
Are you looking?
If you like this post, join our newsletter to receive monthly barrier-breaking ideas for your soft skills development…PLUS immediate access to a 16-page article from The Jazz of Business: Leadership in a New Groove.